Arethusa Farm Dairy, great long-standing customer of ours, opened another in West Hartford at 975 Farmington Ave. This new location is a combination of restaurant, ice cream parlor, and retail take -out all under one roof. A design build project, we worked with the owners to come up with the design, provided drawings and outfitted the equipment for the store front, kitchen, and the large Master-Bilt walk-in downstairs.
We’ve outfitted Arethusa’s kitchens and front of the house equipment for multiple locations across Connecticut. Arethusa Farm was established in 1868 by the Webster Family in Litchfield, CT. In 1999, George Malkemus and Anthony Yurgaitis purchased the farm with the goal of saving the farmland. They started with their own dairy herd in 2001 with 5 registered Holsteins. By 2009, Arethusa milk and yogurt became available in several stores in Litchfield County and two Whole Foods locations. Ice cream and cheese joined the production line. All products are made using only the milk from Arethusa’s cows. Their herd was up to over 350. Now along with West Hartford, they have locations in Bantam and New Haven, along with Arethusa a mano and Arethusa al tavalo.
For more information, please visit their website: https://www.arethusafarm.com/